Saturday, October 31, 2009

NaNoWriMo

Haven't checked in here in a while!

I've definitely had a lot on my plate lately with doing my counseling internship on top of work. That is my excuse for not getting around to writing. But at some point I've got to take control and just DO what I want rather than putting it off. You'd think I'd decide that waiting until school is over would be a good idea, but it seems like school is forever and never ending, so I don't want to wait too long.

Therefore, I've decided to join in on this year's Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) which is a yearly event in which writer's work together during the month of November to complete a 50,000 word novel. The focus is to get it done and focus less on revision and whatnot (that can come later). But this gives everyone the opportunity to write, write, write, and to not worry so much about the little details. The sense of accomplishment from writing that much can be motivating in itself. Especially when it's for fun and I don't need those 50,000 to be publish-ready.

This goal may be difficult for me to meet with the demands of my schedule. But I'm going to try to stay organized and will do what I can! I won't set my expectations too high and will try to do this for fun. For anyone interested, my profile is here.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Jenny! I stumbled on this blog of yours when you put in a link in your Take Me Away blog.

    What a great idea to have a blog for your WIP. Now don't give me any ideas! I have enough blogs!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Resist the temptation! =)

    I hardly ever update this one though. Maybe in another year or so when I'm done with school I can focus on this more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also plan on doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete