Thursday, August 13, 2009

update

I know I haven't written in forever!

I've just been really discouraged about the whole writing thing because I just plain don't have time to do the writing and research I want to do for my book. I'm still in graduate school and now that I'm doing my practicum then internship I will be working an additional 15ish hours a week, at least.

But in the meantime I think I'll work on honing my craft by doing writing exercises. I've been doing book reviews recently and I can slowly see some improvements here or there in my writing.

I've got some writing books here but I am buying another one from a friend and maybe I'll do some writing assignments every now and then to help practice. And I'll write about those here... though I don't know if I'll post them here. Don't want my stuff to be stolen!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and wishing happy birthday, that was very nice of you to do. Good luck with your novel. I keep putting mine off :-). I'll keep checking in to see how your progress is going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best writing advice is to write! It's easy to get bogged down with just reading about writing and you should of course work on improving your craft. But you should also keep writing while you're working on the craft! Keep plugging away and get past the discouraging times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii!

    Thanks for the comment. I'm totally going to follow your blog, because I aspire to have a novel published one day, too. Best of luck to you!

    Are you going to participate in NaNoWriMo in November? It's a great way to get motivated to write.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete