Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a little progress and a compromise

I went back and forth a little on whether to do an outline first or focus on writing. And I've decided, just like everything else, it will be a compromise. I started an outline today during a training I had to sit in today -- the last of the 5 part training during which I learned that the powers that be must believe I haven't yet been to school... yes, that's right, I re-learned what I learned in social work school, experienced in the field, and then again re-learned in counseling school. But I digress... this is supposed to be about my writing!

So I started doing my outline. I have a few chapters ahead of where I am outlined and feel comfortable knowing what happens in those so I will be able to sit down and write it out well. Then I came to the realization that it doesn't have to be one way or the other. Right now I sort of like that I wrote a little, am outlining a little more, and will probably write a little more before I finish the outline. I figure this gives me a good idea, but at the same time, I don't want to box the characters and plot into something I'm not ready to.

I find this very promising.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Just wanted to say thanks for coming by my blog yesterday. I'm glad you like my design and my guest post at Maw Books. It's always great to hear from other book bloggers. I see you are trying to write a book? Me too. It's a long process....
    Hope you pop by again soon!
    Bye for now
    x

    ReplyDelete